A Star Wars Vs. Star Trek Rebuking the Rebuttalby Darth Uendo
Here's a rebuttal, to the rebuttal. This is a strike back (that was the worst pun ever, I apologise) for Star Wars. Enjoy.
10) In the Star Wars Universe weapons are rarely, if ever, set on "stun".
REBUTTAL: But have you ever seen a phaser or Disrupter on MAXIMUM?
COMMENT: Even seen a Mandalorian Disentigration Rifle?
9) The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an anti-matter unit and a crew of 20 just to go into warp --- The Millennium Falcon does the same thing with R2-D2 and a Wookie.
REBUTTAL: The Enterprise is a masive thing . . . and if Hans wants to stroke his Wookie, that's his own business
COMMENT: Anakin safely landed ONLY HALF of a ship, that was melting, in the middle of a planet that it nothing but a metropolis city.
8) After resisting the Imperial torture droid and Darth Vader, Princess Leia still looked fresh and desirable --- After pithy Cardassian starvation torture, Picard looked like hell.
REBUTTAL: But then again, Picard is in his 60's
COMMENT: Obi-Wan is older than dirt, but if he wanted, in ANH, he could have spanked Vader, so let's not bring age into this. (No offense was intended to the late, the great, Alec Guiness. Alec Guiness lives on as such a legend to me, that my first child will be Alec Ashby.) (Please, remove my Alec rant from this. heheheh)
7) One word: Lightsabers.
REBUTTAL: You have to be in close quarters to use a lightsaber . . . use a phaser rifle, drop the bastard 20 yards away.
COMMENT: Mandalorian Sniper Rifle. Drop bastards, PLURAL, from a mile away.
6) Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with one glance.
REBUTTAL: Infinite Velocity - you can't choke us if you can't catch us - plus, i don't believe that statement at all.
COMMENT: Vader killed an admiral with the force from lightyears away.
5) The Death Star doesn't care if a world is class "M" or not.
REBUTTAL: Death Star doesn't send landing parties - Enterprise could wreek havok on any planet it chose
COMMENT: Incase you didn't notice, the movie isn't about the Death Star, we've got a huge fleet at the ready. Including the equivalent of a super S.W.A.T. team (Arc troopers).
4) Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with every alien he encounters.
REBUTTAL: Neither is Kirk, it's just a by-product of fighting for his crew everyweek.
COMMENT: Luke fought for the galaxy. He even cut his own fathers hand off to stop the Sith. And later on, he's a married man, who still kicks ass.
3) Jabba the Hutt would eat Harry Mudd for trying to cut in on his action.
REBUTTAL: Jabba wouldn't be able to cath Mudd.
COMMENT: He wouldn't have to, he could send someone to do it for him. He's got a mandalorian bounty hunter clone at the ready at all times.
2) The Federation would have to attempt to liberate any ship named "Slave I".
REBUTTAL: prime Directive - we'd just leave it alone
COMMENT: Well whoop de do.
1) Picard pilots the Enterprise through asteroid belts at one-quarter impulse power --- Han Solo floors it.
REBUTTAL: the Enterprise is massive, it takes time. The Enterprise could destroy the Millineum falcon in a heartbeat.
COMMENT: No, they'd try to board, and talk things out. While they're doing that, Han and Chewy would hide in the cargo hold, trick them into thinking they'd jettisoned, and then leave when they had a chance. And if need be, they'd kill the guards left in cold blood.